Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fever

Just a quick post....I had to take Anthony to the ER tonight with a 104.1 degree temperature. He's pretty much had a head cold since early Sunday morning with just some congestion and a runny nose. Today, Anthony seemed a little whinier and sleepier than normal. He went down for a nap a little after 3pm, and when he didn't wake by 6pm, I went to check on him. Before I could get in there, I heard him whimpering/whining in his crib. I picked him up and he was burning hot with slime all over his face! I took his temp and it was 104.1 - so it was off to the ER! Landon was flying, but was able to show up after we were put in a room. We were able to get his temp down, and after some blood work, snot culture and a chest x-ray, they determined he didn't have the flu. But he does have a raging ear infection in his left ear. So, it's lots of tylenol, motrin and antibiotics for the week. Anthony has his 18 mont appt with his pediatrician on Thursday, so we will follow up with her then. Landon and I have also caught this cold - which makes it hard when taking care of a sick child. Speaking of which, I am off to bed! Here is a photo from the ER tonight taken with my cell phone...

1 comment:

pinkkid said...

ear infections are so not fun.. poor little guy! Glad you took him to the ER right away.