Here are some photos I took of Anthony's first day of preschool. He was so excited to start! I think 7 months of mostly mom time has left him yearning for some interaction with other kids. And that works out well for me because I could definitely use a break as well! Anthony goes Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 - 12. This school is a little different than the one he attended last year as we have a car line and a teacher or assistant comes to the curb and takes your child out of the car and walks them inside. At Anthony's previous school, we walked them inside ourselves. Same goes for pickup. I got to the pickup line 20 minutes early (as I had been out doing something and instead of going home, just went to grab him instead). Let me just say is that I am glad I got there early. By the time they started bringing the kids out, the line was insane! When the teacher came to take Anthony out of the car, I said goodbye to him and he started asking for me to get out of the car. The teacher is telling him it's ok, and I am telling him it's ok from my seat as I am forced to drive off because of the long line behind me. I was just trying to keep it together at that point!! When I picked him up, he was so excited and again - I had to try to keep my composure! He got in the car and told me all about his day (he had cheese crackers for a snack...there was a black and white cat at the playground that the other kids scared away...he got a star stamp on his hand...he shared...he told his teacher when he had to go potty...he cried a little because he was sad I did not get out of the car). He is definitely excited to go back, which relieves me! There was even a little note in his folder from his teacher that he shared some toys with a girl in his class. She even followed up with a phone call today and told me that Anthony is a very sweet boy. That made me very proud!!! You definitely don't want to get the phone call that your kid has discipline problems! Hopefully his good behavior keeps up :)
In other news, all is well here in JAX. We are getting ready to take a mini family vacation while Landon is on leave for the next 11 days. I haven't been on a vacation since leaving Japan! I have traveled and we have visited Landon's parents and my parents...but not an actually family vacation! We are going to spend a few days in Myrtle Beach where my good friend from college will also be spending vacation. Then we will drive up north a little to the Camp Lejeune area and visit some good friends of ours from our previous command. I definitely look forward to getting out of town for awhile and getting some quality time in with my family and good friends! Landon leaves for a month at the beginning of October and will also be gone for about 4 - 6 weeks in November. So, it will be nice to do something fun together. Also, I am 10 weeks pregnant today and everything seems so far so good at this point. I have another appointment at 12 weeks and will be very relieved to just make sure that everything is going well with the little bean. My nausea seems to have subsided and when it rears its ugly head, it's usually only in the evening. I still feel run down a lot, but I just push through it. It seems to be getting a bit better though. I still manage to get an easy jog in about 2 - 3 times a week (but my jogging pants are getting a little snug, so we'll see how long that lasts!) and a friend of mine got me the gift of a group of prenatal yoga classes. I can't wait to start those!! I gained 37lbs with Anthony and would really like to not do that again. My feet hurt so bad and I was just so uncomfortable for a giant portion of my pregnancy...and it was just hard to lose all that weight! (Which I never accomplished). I hope to keep this one reigned in to not as crazy of a weight gain...but when momma wants to eat - I definitely eat!! I'm sure I'll be eating (not literally, although...) my words come April :)
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment