![]() |
| 2009-06-05 |
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Steak Night
On Friday evening, our squadron's OSC (Officer Spouses Club) put on our Steak Night fundraiser. It's held at the squadron and is a great time! The weather couldn't have been more perfect. It had been raining not long before, so I was grateful when the sky cleared and gave way to nice, breezy weather. The only bad part of the evening was when a circuit breaker blew and the giant bounce house collapsed. Yes, people were inside....I was inside!!! We made the older kids get out of the bounce house so some of the toddlers/younger kids could go inside and not get trampled. A few parents were inside with their kids (including Anthony and I) when the thing just deflated. It was pretty scary! Kids were getting sucked down and adults were falling on top of them. Luckily, everyone made it out ok...but I think Anthony (and myself) were a little traumatized by the event! The evening was a success overall and I believe our group made about $400 :) We take all the money we make over the course of the year, and at the end, we donate to a local charity. Here are some photos from the event. My camera died shortly after getting there, so this is all I was able to take :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment