Wednesday, April 23, 2008

9 Month Well Baby

Anthony turns 9 months on Saturday, so he had his check up today. He's doing great and pretty much following the 50% curve that he's been following since he was born! He weighs in at 19lbs 5 oz (although there may be a little discrepancy as he was wailing on the scale) and is 28.5" long. The appointment was very fast and thank God since Anthony was freaking out the entire time. Maybe it's seperation anxiety kicking in? But I was standing right there! So, who knows. He recently has not wanted to be laid down on things... i.e. when I change his diaper, he starts crying when I put him on the changing table. I have to give him a pacifier or a toy to occupy him. On the other hand, if he's completely exhausted/relaxed (like after a bath) he has almost fallen asleep there! At least he didn't get any shots today - we will deal with those in another 3 months!

Also, Anthony has become completely fascinated with opening and shutting cabinets...and pulling out the things inside them. I bought cabinet locks yesterday because he can't resist going into the cabinet under our sink in the kitchen and pulling out the oxiclean bottle. I, of course, never leave him alone in the kitchen, or anywhere for that matter...but even though I try to distract him with the pots and pans cabinet, he just keeps going back to the oxiclean.

Here is a picture of him terrorizing the cat yesterday. He was shaking that basket and pulling it down and having a blast. Don't mind all the junk - those are my attempts at keeping him occupied with things other than the cords under the computer. And that plaid pillow way in the back corner on the floor - that's my attempt to hide the Roomba from him so he doesn't bang on all the buttons. He is definitely the "Destroyer" (as we like to call him). Speaking of which...I think he just woke up from his nap...the destroying begins again!

No comments: