Well, it's been another one of those days today! It started out good at least! This afternoon, Anthony and I were out running some errands. We were at our mini-mart around the corner which is in Navy Housing. We were headed back to the car (Anthony was walking) and he was headed back towards the grass that is outside the mini-mart. I set the stuff in the car to go grab him (literally, footsteps away from him) and he goes up a curb, slips, and puts his hands out in front of him. Well, one of his hands slipped out from under him and his face smacked right into the pavement. I could also here something else hit too and just cringed because I knew it was his mouth. I grab him and pick him up and blood is running out of his mouth. He's obviously screaming. I look inside his mouth and see he's broken one of his front two teeth. I run inside to the bathroom and put cold, wet, papertowels on there and stop the bleeding, then take him to the ER right around the corner. He is just truly inconsolable at this point. I offer him his pacifier and he takes it, but takes it out because it seems to be hurting more than helping. Back in the room in the ER where we were, there was an older man yelling about having to go to the bathroom and I'm just singing songs and blowing up gloves to entertain Anthony. They had to bind him up in a sheet so the doctor could look inside his mouth. He had busted his lip, broken off part of his tooth (luckily, not down to the pulp) and busted the skin that connects his lip to his gums. They gave him an Rx for Antibiotics, gave him some Tylenol with codeine and sent us on our way. Other than the codeine making Anthony seem a little more hyper, he doesn't seem to be in pain. He ate a good dinner, but still doesn't want that pacifier in his mouth - which may be a blessing in disguise. I will be making an appointment with a pediatric dentist and we'll see where to go from there!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
he will be ok. caden broke his on a sliding board. looks like anthony's. it is more of a heartbreak for you. i know how you are feeling right now. praise god it is just a baby tooth and will fall out...
Post a Comment