Friday, October 10, 2008

A new haircut and a new costume!

I couldn't stand looking at Anthony's raggedy haircut anymore (courtesy of moi!). It hadn't been cut since his birthday, so it was about time to get a trim. I decided it was time to take him to one of the barbershops on base. I figured they'd be able to do a much better job than I could! There is a little, old Japanese lady in there who cuts hair. She was very sweet and he was smiling at her, but as soon as she got close to Anthony, he shut down. I had to sit there with him in my lap, no drape (he screamed like he was being murdered when she tried to put it on him) and he curled up in the nook of my arms while she tried to cut his hair. She was extremely patient and kind (she had a grandson who is a week older than Anthony!) and did a pretty good job for him being curled up in my arms and not looking at her head on. It is definitely a little Lloyd Christmas, but much better than before! I plan on making an effort to take him there for his haircuts for awhile, just to get him used to it. I wish I had taken a picture, but Landon was not available to come and I was busy holding a crying Anthony!

Also, I got Anthony's costume in the mail today...it is a bat costume from Old Navy. I couldn't resist putting it on him right when he woke up from his nap. He seemed to enjoy walking around in it - although the thermostat is set at 75 degrees in here and it's made of fleece...so we only had him entertain us for a few minutes so he wouldn't start sweating in it.

Enjoy!

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: