Sunday, July 5, 2009

Beach and 4th of July

Anthony and I have been trying to keep busy this summer. Since it's too hot to do pretty much anything, that has been very difficult! I enrolled Anthony in swim lessons, but he absolutely hates it. With each passing day, he seems to hate it more. I ask him if he wants to go to the pool each morning and he tells me "no." Oh well, maybe next year! I did take him to the beach for the very first time and was really worried about him liking it or not. A bunch of friends went, so it gave me a perfect opportunity to go. He LOVED it!! We went to the sound side of Pensacola Beach (much calmer, no waves) and hung out there for 3 hours. I finally had to force him to leave! It was also much more relaxing than the pool. Because it is really shallow close to shore, he was able to have more freedom to get around then at the pool. I think we'll have to take advantage of it more. Granted, I have to pack like a mule, but it's worth it :)

Here are the photos from that day:
2009-07-02 Pensacola Beach


On July 4th, we spent the day at home just hanging out (again, it's just way too hot out!). Then we had dinner at our good friends house. After dinner, we went to watch the fireworks in downtown Milton with them. It was a really nice show, although Anthony was a little freaked out. It started with lighting mortars in our friend's backyard. He definitely did not like that. He was ok with the fireworks while watching them from the safety of his car seat with Landon next to him. All in all, it was a great holiday weekend :)

2009-07-04 July 4th 2009

1 comment:

Beck said...

Loving all the new pictures! I am finally catching up. I also owe you an email. I miss you!! xo