![]() |
| 2010-03-02 |
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Another adventure...
I just wanted to share some photos from our visit to the Birch Aquarium in La Jolla (about 15 min drive from here)that we took on Tuesday. A girl I had met in our squadron had some free passes and invited me and a couple others along. It definitely wasn't nearly as big as the Baltimore aquarium, but it was a nice place for the kids to explore for an hour or two. Plus, you couldn't beat the view!! Then, the friend I rode with, drove over to the Seal cove in La Jolla. We had arrived there just a few minutes after one of the mom seals gave birth. The birds were swarming around her as they were trying to get at the placenta that was beginning to come out of her. She was busy trying to protect her pup from the birds. She was such a good mom. In fact, it appeared as though there were a lot of moms/new babies on the beach. It was such an incredible thing to witness, and if the kids had been a bit more cooperative, I think we could have stayed there all day!! It's been a busy few days, so Anthony and I look forward to just relaxing the rest of the week :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment