Thursday, April 8, 2010

All sorts of stuff

I just wanted to post some photos from Easter week and also today. Last Wednesday, Anthony and I took the Pacific Surfliner train up the coast to visit Landon's parents for Easter. Landon couldn't join us until Friday night because of work, and since we had to leave Sunday for him to get to work on Monday, we decided Anthony and I would go on Wednesday so he'd have more time with his grandparents. It was a 7 hour train ride, but I didn't even notice! Anthony had a BLAST. It was his first train ride and he was so excited. We had a group of 4 seats and minus about an hour with someone sitting in one of the seats, we had them all to ourselves. Anthony watched his movies, played with his cars, played his games and read his books. We even went down to the cafe car and enjoyed a nice snack as well. As soon as we got off the train, he wanted to get back on! Here are some photos from that:


On Friday evening, Landon's brother and hs family as well as Landon's friend and his family came over to dye eggs. Anthony got some Easter presents from Landon's friend (which distracted him from dying the eggs), and also had a "tea party" and decorated the eggs. He also enjoyed playing with his cousins and the older boys who were there. I wish I could give him a big brother - but it just doesn't work that way!


Here are some more photos of Anthony playing with his cousins, as well as our old cat - Milton. Landon's parents graciously took him in as we were a little overwhelmed with 3 cats. Milton is now as happy as can be since he's the only cat there (our 2 cats barely tolerated him) and seems to be enjoying life in his new CA paradise :)



On Sunday, we had a great Easter! The sun was out for a little bit, so it was a beautiful Easter morning/early afternoon. We all went to Landon's brother's church and they had a huge outdoor Easter feast. Afterwards, we went back to Landon's parents and had an Easter egg hunt, then enjoyed a nice dinner. Between that and all the candy, I was done! We then made the 280 mile trek back to San Diego (it took us 5.5 hours - L.A. never ceases to amaze me with its traffic). All in all, it was a great day!


And finally, today a friend invited with us to go pick strawberries just north of here in Carlsbad. It's a beautiful area and a perfect day to pick!! We paid $15 for the bucket and picked everything that we could fit in there. I didn't think it was so much, but when I got home, I realized it was a lot. I'm currently trying to figure out what to do with all these berries! They are so sweet and delicious! Anthony had a lot of fun and learned which berries to pick and which ones were good. I think he is more likely to eat them now that he picked them himself. He's already had a few!

No comments: