Thursday, October 18, 2007

Crazy Weather!

What started out as just a lot of rain falling last evening through the night, turned into severe thunderstorms and freak tornadoes touching down in Pensacola today. Three tornado warnings were issued in our county and surrounding counties this morning. In the 10am hour, a tornado touched down in downtown Pensacola, then up the road a bit in a shopping center, flipping cars over in the parking lot - and even picking a guy up who was in his car and spinning it around. Luckily, no one has been seriously injured. We've also gotten about 10 inches of rain today too. It freaked me out pretty badly because I was wondering what I would do with Anthony and my cats if one of those tornadoes came barreling through here...Landon worried he'd be on the toilet when the walls come down. Luckily, we've been spared...we still have some thunderstorms rolling through here and that should be it. We've managed to avoid a hurricane so far this year--but then we get tornadoes - which never happens! Anyhow, here is some footage off of the local newspapers website...and there is some foul language in it (yes, including the "F" word), so beware. But if I saw a tornado near me, I'd probably be saying the same thing!

P.S> I like how in the 2nd video they are freaking out about the tornado, and then leave the building they are at and walk towards it...nice. And we all hope cousin Laurie is ok!

No comments: