We arrived back to FL safely from our trip in MD. We had a good time, but I really wish the weather would have cooperated better. The day I arrived and the day after that were beautiful and sunny...then it rained for FIVE DAYS with temps in the 40s and 50s...let's just say I didn't pack for that, especially coming from Florida. Then, the last day I was in town, I was very sick ( I think I caught the cold that Anthony had)...the weather was beautiful that day, but I spent most of the day wrangling with Anthony - who refused to sleep...or just laying on the couch. Turns out, he cut TWO teeth while we were up north - the ones on either side of the bottom teeth. So that makes a total of 8 teeth that he has now! Since Anthony and I were both suffering from this runny nose/congestion thing, I was worried about our flights - more how Anthony would react with the pressure. During the first 35 min or so of our flight from BWI to Atlanta, I vowed to myself to never fly again with Anthony unless he was in a car seat. He wasn't screaming, but he was all over the place and throwing things everywhere and jumping on my very full bladder. He pretty much just passed out and slept the last hour of the flight - which was great - except for that whole full bladder. We had a 2 hour layover in Atlanta and he played and kept harassing a sailor who was fresh out of boot camp and headed down to Pensacola to start his school. They were in their whites and I don't think he needed dirty little hands on his uniform, as much as Anthony kept crawling up to him and trying to touch it. Thankfully, Anthony passed out upon takeoff down to Pensacola. He was dead asleep on my shoulder and I was so thankful. I just played this touch screen trivia game on the monitor on the back of the seat in front of us. And I have to say, during the hour long flight, I won 2 out of 3 rounds. You played against other people on the plane - so that's right, I'm smarter than 17 people on that plane!! We landed and Landon met us at the airport and we had a nice lunch at Panera Bread before coming home and Landon heading off to work. I'm in the process of unpacking, but obviously procrastinating by writing an excessively long blog. So, unless I want to sleep on a bare mattress tonight, I better go make the bed. Till next time...


A picture of the kids at lunch at my friend Tiffany's house. Unfortunately, Kim and her kids couldn't make it, and Addison was taking a nap...but it's crazy to see how much they have changed in 7 months when the picture it below it was taken back in October.


Flooding I encountered on my drive home on Monday. A lot of my parent's area was shut down because of so much flooding and damage from the amount of rain they got!

Anthony and I


A random bald eagle that I saw in my parent's yard on Tuesday

The beautiful flowers Landon had waiting for me when we got home
1 comment:
We had so much fun seeing you guys! I miss you already!!!
Post a Comment