Last night, some friends and I got all "glamed" up Milton-style (which basically means not wearing sweatpants, and sneaking booze from the 24-hour super wal-mart into the movie theater...yes, we did that) to go and see Sex and The City and have a girls night out. We went to the nicest restaurant in the Pace/Milton area which was, in fact, Chili's. During dinner, our friend Krista was telling us about these 3 puppies that just randomly showed up in her front yard. She saw that they were definitely skinny and it appeared as if someone had either just dropped them off or let them go. They are pretty banged up with lots of scabs, some fleas, but are in good spirits all around generally. Krista already has a dog she has rescued (as well as a 7 months old) and as much as she would like to keep these dogs, it's just understandably too much. We were talking about shelters, and unfortunately, our local one is a big kill shelter. So, another friend, Heidi, and I, volunteered to take on one of the dogs and provide them foster homes until we can figure out what to do with them. I definitely had my reservations on how it would act with children and cats. Well, I went over there today to check out the pups and they were just adorable!! They interacted well with Krista's dog, as well as her daughter - which definitely set my mind at ease. So, I loaded up "Marcus" (which has now been changed to "Franco", per Landon's order), and brought him home. He has been fabulous. He definitely LOVES Anthony, and seems to just need love and reassurance. Here are a few pics of him...some taken here and also at Krista's house with his brothers. He definitely looks like he has lab in him and is maybe 4 or 5 months old. He's pretty skinny, with ribs sticking out, so hopefully we can fatten him up!

At Chili's - from left, Heidi, Holly, Krista, Janna, me

Franco and his brothers

Franco

Mommy, I want to be asleep like him!
No comments:
Post a Comment