Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mommy went to college too!

After a fun 2 days of meeting up with old co-workers from Northrop Grumman, having a playdate with a friend and her daughter, I spent the night at my sister Alicia's house in Hanover, PA. Since it is a long drive back, I decided to leave her house in the late morning so Anthony couldsleep in the car for the 1.5 hour-plus journey back to my parent's house. Unfortunately, we hit a virtual parking lot on the Baltimore beltway and Anthony woke up from his nap when I still had at least an hour to go before getting back. Since Anthony has a hard time tolerating anything more than 45 minutes in his car seat, I decided to take the next exit off the beltway - which was the exit to my alma mater...UMBC! I knew if the campus was anything like when I was there, it would be dead and he could run around - and I was right! I have not been back there since I graduated in May 2001, so it was a little surreal walking around - especially with my kid! It has definitely been built up a lot, but pretty much the same. We always seem to visit the Naval Academy when in town, but I thought it was time for Anthony to see where his mom hit the books! If someone had told me 10 years ago (the beginning of my sophomore year there) that I would be back on campus watching my son push his stroller around, I envision my 18 (almost 19) year old self would say: "That's dumb...don't bring your kid here...you're going to be one of the old people we make fun of"...ugh. At least a couple college girls told me my son was cute! They can catch him in 20 years when I allow him to date.

Enjoy the pics!

http://picasaweb.google.com/tvjones79/UMBC#

No comments: