Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We're home!

Anthony and I made our way back to FL from MD today and, although I do miss being up north, I am definitely happy to be home! The weather has cooled off somewhat here and it's just nice to be back in my own house with my husband and cats! It's so funny - when we left, Anthony was this wobbly little thing who had just figured out how to walk...it's interesting to see him tooling around the house now like a pro! The flights went well...our first flight from BWI to CLT was great as Anthony slept most of the way. I arrived in CLT with a little over an hour layover, so decided to check out the USO inside. It was AMAZING! They offered free beverages, sandwiches, chips, fruit, etc....but the best thing about it - they had a play area with tons of toys! It was a great way for Anthony to burn off some energy during the layover. Since he has started to walk, he does not like to be strapped into a stroller for very long...but in a busy airport, it's not a great place for a toddler to, well, toddle. So, I sat back and enjoyed a free lunch in a comfy rocking chair while Anthony played and had lunch as well. The flight from CLT to PNS could have been better...there was apparently some problem with the engine when we pulled back, so we had to pull back into the gate and sit for 40 min while maintenance worked on it. They even had to totally power down for 15 min, which left us with no lights and no AC. We made it out of there, but had already been sitting on the plane for an hour when we took off...so we were even more antsy to get into Pensacola. Anthony was thrilled to see his da-da and now I'm just trying to get this household back into shape! Thanks to my parents and friends for making our trip up a wonderful time! And P.S. USAir is a ripoff...when they say it will cost you $40 to check your bags, that means EACH WAY... i.e. $80. Airlines suck!


Anthony in the USO


NAS Whiting Field from the airplane


Whiting Field

No comments: