Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blessed

I have been aware recently at how many great friends we have made in the military. They are truly like family to us. Friends that we have made here and friends that we have made elsewhere have really become such an integral part of our life. Tonight, a friend of ours from Japan stopped through here on his way back to Ft. Rucker, AL. He has been In Japan for the past 5 years (he did back to back tours) and is now headed out to Bahrain for the next 2 years. He did get to meet Anthony when Anthony was just a few months old, and I was happy he was able to see him again. Anthony was definitely entertained by him as well! I am so happy that friends make the effort to stop in when they come through this way, and some even fly here from way out of town! You guys are the best and will always be apart of our family!

Landon also arrived back home tonight from a weekend cross country to Savannah, GA. It's so nice to have him home again! I am exhausted. I tend not to sleep well when he is gone...I get a little freaked out being here alone! Anthony was thrilled his da-da was back. He put on Landon's flight suit patch too. And from one of the pictures you can see below, I was too exhausted to walk down the hall and ask Landon to give Anthony a bath...so, I resorted to this... :)




No comments: