Thursday, August 9, 2007

2 Weeks Old Today!


A guy that Landon works with had said to him once that the first week of life is easy with a newborn, and the 2nd week tends to be a bit more trying...I don't think a truer statement has ever been said! Some upsides about this week - Anthony stopped sleeping propped up in his Boppy pillow in our bed. I really did not want him in our bed for 2 reasons--I was worried about Landon or I smothering him and I also don't want a momma's boy! Well, I do...but not a sissy one that has to sleep in my bed all the time :) He has finally moved to sleep in his Pack n' Play...yay! The pack n' play is in our room, so I don't worry so much about him not breathing at night--I can hear his little grunts and it reassures me. The pack n' play also has a changing table on it, so it's convenient to change his diaper multiple times at night. It also has this vibration button I can hit, and if he's having trouble getting back to sleep, that usually helps. Downsides about this week - he is starting to nurse for so much longer! He used to be 10 minutes and done...now he's about 25 minutes or so. I may be a bad mom for saying this--but it's pretty boring in the middle of the night sitting there for 25 minutes when all you want to do is sleep! During the day I usually have the TV to at least occupy my attention. He's also gotten quite fussy after eating as well, which can be very frustrating when all I want is for him to nap so I can get things done. But I'm taking it all in stride. If things don't get done--then they don't get done! My one goal everyday is to at least take a shower. And who knew I could shower in less than 5 minutes...I guess that's what a screaming infant will do to you! I don't want him to grow up too fast, but I do look forward to him having more of a "schedule." :)

No comments: