Saturday, August 11, 2007

My first bottle!

Today, Anthony has his first bottle of pumped milk! Well, it was more like his first 1.5oz - not quite a full bottle! It was basically just a little to "top" him off. I had Landon feed him the bottle because I don't want Anthony to associate my scent with receiving a bottle. Even though I bought this $6 bottle that is supposed to simulate nursing, I think it's still easier for them to get the milk out of it and we just have to be careful so he doesn't become "lazy." But, it would be nice if Landon could occasionally feed him! He took to the bottle like a champ and downed it within a few minutes--I guess he was still hungry after nursing! I think Landon also liked being able to feed him and having Anthony pass out in a milk coma in his arms. Plus, since my parents are coming to visit next week, I wanted them to be able to feed him - for my own selfish reasons somewhat as they are watching him one afternoon so I can get out of the house and get a haircut! I am REALLY looking forward to that! All of the articles I have read said to definitely not start a nursing infant on a bottle for at least 4 - 6 weeks. But other moms I have talked to have done it way earlier and their kids didn't have a problem to continue nursing. I am very happy and relieved he took one and I feel that this frees me up a bit more (he nurses for about 20 min every 2 hours!) and not having a baby attatched to me 12 hours out of the day!

Also, here is a little video from today :)

No comments: