At Panera Bread today.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Half a Year
Well, our little baby Anthony is 6 months old today. It's hard to believe that he is already halfway to being a year old - I feel as though he was just born yesterday! We have definitely overcome MANY hurdles and frustrations over the past 6 months, but have also experienced a lot of joy and special moments with him. It's so fun watching him grow and develop his own little personality. I have to say that he is WAY easier to take care of these days then in those beginning times. And now Landon is able to take on a little more of the care and interact with him much more...which is really just so nice to see. Right now, Anthony loves to sit up and watch the world around him - especially the cats and the vaccum cleaner! He doesn't like to be on his back because I think he feels he's just missing out on so much of the world. He gets very frustrated at his lack of mobility, and everyday I wonder if it will be the day when he starts scooting/crawling. He loves to laugh and blow bubbles. Every afternoon we read books and he looks at them so intently. My favorite thing that he likes to do is to give kisses. If I say "Give mommy kisses," he opens his arms big and wide and leans toward me with his mouth open and sometimes even slobbers on me. He likes to give daddy kisses as well, and he's even started giving one of his stuffed bears kisses. He also has learned that if he puts his arms up, we'll pick him up. If we say "arms up," he knows exactly what to do (Landon wanted me to add that he was the one who taught him that). Also, every morning we play "Here comes the sun" and open up the blinds. He grabs right onto the twisty-stick thing that opens up the blinds and we tell the sun good morning. Last but not least, he also knows that we brush his teeth every night after his bath. We stand at the sink and he watches me put water on the toothbrush and then I tell him to open up and he does and lets me brush those 2 little teeth he has. I may be biased, but I think he's an incredibly smart child! I have enjoyed these past 6 months, and I look forward to the next 6 - and then some!

At Panera Bread today.
At Panera Bread today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment