Today I took some pictures of Anthony after we returned from church. He just looked so handsome in his little outfit that my mom had bought him. Since Anthony is now a full fledged Catholic, I have definitely put in the effort to get him to Church and to be an example to him early on. Hopefully, he will come to know the importance of Christ and the celebration of Mass as he grows up and will continue to be a faithful follower as he grows older. It's so funny how all of this has come full circle and that I'm trying to put to use what was instilled in me as I grew up from my parents, extended family, school, etc. And I am very lucky that he done so wonderful in Mass (minus the day he was Baptized...oh, and Christmas Eve as well :) )....I haven't had to sit in the crying room with him. He seems interested in all of the people and everything that's going on while we're standing....but when we're sitting during the readings and the homily, it takes an arsenal of small toys to keep him quiet. As long as he stays quiet, I don't care! Landon is in Key West right now on a cross-country trip with other students and instructors, so it's just been Anthony and I on our own! It's the first time that I've been alone with Anthony (the only other time Landon was gone, I was at my parents). Since I take care of Anthony 90% of the time due to Landon's work schedule, there isn't really a difference...but I do miss having my coffee already made for me and those times when Landon doesn't have to go into work until late when he will entertain Anthony so I can sneak in a longer morning nap.
Also, on another note...I just wanted to say Happy Birthday not only to my little cousin Annie, but to my brand new nephew, Ryan, who was born this afternoon to Landon's brother Nolan and his wife, Amy. I heard he was 7lbs 3oz and 20 inches. Amy was just a few days over her due date - not like the 9 days over she was with her first child! Anyhow, they are doing great, so congrats to them!!!



1 comment:
The bathtub picture is my favorite of him to date. What a handsome little bean!
Post a Comment